If you have a WordPress website, there is a Koopid plugin available from the WordPress marketplace by searching for Koopid.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard, and locate and install the Koopid plugin from the WordPress marketplace.
- Once the plugin is installed on your site, activate the plugin and then follow the steps below to Configure the Plugin.
Configuring the plugin requires the provider email and the entry tag for your experience found on the Koopid Admin Portal Deployment page for your Experience.
- Once you have an experience built and ready to be deployed to your website, log into the Koopid Admin Portal in a new browser window, while still logged into your WordPress site.
- After logging into the Koopid Admin Portal, navigate to the Manage page under the Services left-side menu.
- Locate the name of your experience in the Manage list, and click on the “deploy” icon on the right side of the row.
- The fourth option listed on the Deploy Your Experience page is for WordPress, click on this option and expand the box.
- In the WordPress deployment option box you will find your Entry Tag. Make a note of the Entry Tag after the colon, you will need it later.
- Next, navigate to the Profile page in your Koopid provider from the left-side menu, locate the email address in the Company Information box in the center of the page. Make a note of this email address, you will need this later as well.
- Next, back in the window where you’re logged into your WordPress dashboard, after installing and activating the Koopid plugin, you will see the Koopid icon and plugin listed towards the bottom of your dashboard menu. Click on the icon/link in the left menu to open the Koopid Chat Plugin options page shown below.
- On the Koopid plugin configuration page enter the email address from step 6 above to the Registered Email field.
- Next, enter the Entry Tag noted from Step 5 above, exactly as listed on your provider, in the Entry Tag field.
- Select from the options listed – check the boxes in front of the options available, depending how you want the chatbot to behave. (If you want the chatbot to open in a new window, or if you want the chatbot to proactively pop-up after so many seconds, if the user doesn’t click on the image/button).
- By default, the visitor is not required to login to Koopid because it uses our guest login. If you want the visitor to have an account with Koopid, then check the box for “Require customer login?.” Note that the visitor’s Koopid account is unrelated and separate from any login you may require on your website. Thus, for most use cases, guest login is enough.
- By default, the button to launch the chat widget appears on the bottom right corner with a koopid logo. To change this, edit the “Button CSS” box. This step may be needed if the default position of the button interferes with your websites clickable area, or if you have different preference on where the button should appear.For example, to display as a transparent rectangular area 100×40 pixels at offset x=200px, y=300px, as an overlay on some fixed positioned text or button on your website, use this value: bottom: auto; right: auto; top: 300px; left: 200px; width: 100px; height: 40px; background-image: none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow: none;
- You can also add in additional URL parameters if needed for the client app, in the URL params box
For example splashscreen=false&resize=mobile can be used to append to the existing parameters.Furthermore, if all the parameters are specified from this box, so that values from the other boxes are ignored, you can prefix the value with ?, e.g., ?home=…&target=…
- Click the Save Changes button on the Koopid plugin configuration screen to save your plugin changes.
- Test your website in a new browser window to see the chatbot operate on your site. Once installed, when a user visits your website, they will see the Koopid button in the bottom right corner of your site. When clicked it will launch the chatbot based on the provider email and entry tag configured during plugin installation. The visitor may minimize or close the widget any time.