This Koopid How To covers the steps needed to configure Okta single sign-on (SSO) with the Koopid agent desktop portal.
- Single Sign-On (OpenID Connect) through Okta
- Automatically creates user accounts in Koopid AI when Single-Sign-On initiated by your Okta users
- This feature works for login into Koopid Agent portal.
- You should have a Koopid AI provider account.
- Install the Koopid AI application in your Okta instance.
- If you haven’t already, sign up with Koopid please create an account reach out to email@example.com or koopid.ai
- The Okta Single Sign-On integration is only available for Workspaces on the Business and Enterprise plans.
- Make sure the user in Okta ORG has the username format as email-ID.
- Complete the steps below to set everything up.
- Provider ID
- Subdomain used in provider URL
Installing the Koopid AI Application
- In OKTA interface select Applications->Applications
- Click on Browser App Catalog button
- Search for “Koopid AI”
- You should see an app listing like below:
- Click on the listing
- Click on Add
- You can change the Application Label. Select “Do not display application icon in the Okta Mobile App”
- In the next screen select the “Sign On” tab
- You need Koopid Subdomain and Provider ID for the next step. Find the provider ID from your Koopid provider portal.
a) Koopid subdomain is base path of Koopid provider URL shared with you.
us-east.app.koopid.ai -> us-east.app is the subdomain.
app.koopid.ai -> app is the subdomain.
b) Provider ID is available in top left corner of provider portal. (Click on your profile picture and login account name to expand the box, if provider id is not visible.)
- Back on OKTA, on the “Sign On” tab, click on “Edit” and fill in the Subdomain and Provider ID.
- Also, copy the Client ID, which is available in the same screen, and make a note of this ID to send to Koopid with other items in step 14.
- Click on save.
- You can also assign users through the Assignments tab, in the same screen. Note: Make sure the assigned users have “Display Name” set.
- Finally, send the following information to Koopid to enable OAUTH:
a) Client ID – How to get this is shown in step 11 above
b) Supported email ID formats for your organization
c) Organization OKTA domain
d) Provider ID (from step 9b)
e) Koopid subdomain
Instructions for Koopid Agent Users
- When the organization user logs into the Okta environment, if their account is assigned with the Koopid AI app, then they will see the following icon.
- User can click on the Koopid AI app to log into the Koopid AI agent portal through Okta.
If you experience any issues or have any queries please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org